What’s Link Building?
More links, more credibility, more traffic. Link building is simply the process of adding link from other websites that point to your website. This is arguably the single most important aspect of a search engine marketing campaign. Two of the benefits of link building are:
- The ranking algorithms used by search engines, like Google, give a lot of weight to websites that have a high volume of one way inbound links. So, if you want your website to rank better for keyword phrases that are important to your business or organization then you need to get other, high quality website to link to your website. In general terms, more links to your website equals a higher ranking for your website.
- Having links from other websites to your website will generally result in an increase in traffic to your website.
There are numerous ways to the number of inbound links to your website. Here are some of the ways:
- General Directories – There are numerous free and paid online directories where you can list your website and add a link back to your website.
- Industry-Specific Directories – Virtually all industries have online directories where you can list your website and get a link back to your website. Industry-specific directories are thought to carry more weight with Google than general directories because the content found on the website will be very relevant to your industry. Keep in mind that some directories are free and others are paid listings
- Complementary Websites – Search engines give more weight to inbound links that come from websites related to your industry or niche. For example, a wellness company would want to get inbound links from other wellness companies or websites that relate to wellness. Getting these types of links takes a lot of effort and time, but they can dramatically improve your rankings in the search engines.
- Reciprocal Links – This happens when you get another website to trade links with you. Meaning you link to them and they link back to you. These types of arrangements have virtually no value and do not make much of a difference in how your website ranks in the search engines. Our recommendation is to not waste your time adding these types of links. They simply don’t help.
- Three-Way Links – This happens when you link to a website in exchange for a link from another website that they own or control. To elaborate, you link to site A in return for a link back from site B. There can be some benefit to these types of exchanges, but it’s minimal because the site you normally get a link from tends to have way too many outbound links to be of much value to you. As a result we virtually never recommend this type of exchange.
- Local Directories / Local Niche Directories – If you’re a local business or organization that’s looking for local customers or website visitors then local directories and local niche websites are a great place to look for links. The content on local website, especially one specific to your niche or industry will carry a lot of weight with the major search engines. We highly recommend the use of local directories as a way to promote your business and get targeted website traffic. Local directories generally rank better than their national counterparts and are generally a better resource for locals. Local directories can be a great option for local link building.
Winston Salem Link Building
Let our experts help you with your local, national or international link building needs. Our Winston Salem SEO experts help clients from all over the world with their link building programs. Our search engine marketing and online advertising company provides services for the Triad and counties like Forsyth, Davie, Davidson, Davie, Guilford, Rockingham, Surry, Stokes, Yadkin as well as the High Point and Greensboro areas. We provided services for many industries including, Attorney Website Design, Wellness Website Design, Wellness SEO and many, many more.
Let us show you how we can help grow your business or organization.